Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A time for growth

October 13 made a big change in my families lives, Bob the father of my children died while he was out walking on the canal bank with his dogs, doing what he loved. What a shock, he was only 55 and seamed to be in good health. The kids and I drove all night to get to Twin Falls where the healing began. What a week it was as the kids planned Bob's funeral and looked through his business and notes. How nice it was to be in our home and feel Bob's present. We cried, laughed, shared memories, hugged and loved being together. Life is short and we can't take things with us but memories are wonderful and can be held onto forever. The grandkids (all 9) had a great time playing outside especially in the BIG TREE HOUSE, Bob was making for them. Bob we have many wonderful memories of being together as a family and we will all miss you very much. But we know you are busy helping others and working very hard now. You also have the knowlege of life and understanding of things that one day we will all have. We all love you and someday we will all be together again..........

2 comments:

Alice said...

It was nice to be together...all of us. We will miss dad's physical presence, but he will always be with us spiritually, watching over us.

Margie said...

I agree. I know Dad has been with me every day helping me get through this rough time. I am so glad our family got to spend that week together. I was wonderful.